On the first lesson meeting your instructor please bring your United Kingdom (UK) provisional licence if you’re a learner or (UK) full driving licence if you’ve already passed a practical test.
You must :
- Be at least 17 years of age to drive.
- Be able to read a standards number plate from the legal minimum distance of 20.5 metres. You can wear glasses or contact lenses to do these, however you must always drive wearing these also.
- Act in a proper manner during all sessions. We will not tolerate aggressive behavior either to your instructor or other road users.
You must be fit and proper to drive on all lessons. You must :
- You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You must not be overly tired and unable to concentrate.
To keep our prices affordable we have some rules about cancellations.
- Please respect your instructors time if you are considering cancelling or rescheduling a lesson.
- We require at least 48 hours notice. Late cancelled lessons are likely to be charge at your instructors discretion.
- If you need to change your pick up location please give your instructor 48 hours notice. They’ll likely have to re-arrange their diary.
- At the appointed time your instructor will wait for 15 minutes. If pupils are late they lose time on the lesson. If pupils don’t show on a lesson, they’ll be charged the full duration costs. If you are likely to be late for any reason, let your instructor know by telephone.
Sometimes, due to unforeseen circumstances your driving instructor may have to cancel a lesson. In these rare cases you’ll not be charged for the lesson.
Driving Test Suitability
Important – Our instructors only take pupils to test who are up to a suitable driving test standard. This usually means being able to pass a mock test. The instructor will have the right to withdraw the use of their car otherwise.
Payments must be made at the beginning of each lessons unless you have already made a prepaid block booking. Sessions can be paid by cash or electronic bank transfer. Individual payments should be made to your instructor.